Location: Wind River Family and Community Health Care
Opening Date: November 6th, 2019
Closing Date: November 20th, 2019
Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 Hour Work Week
Reports directly to Wind River Family and Community Health Care (WRFCHC) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and/or the Northern Arapaho Health Board.
This is an exempt employee serving the Wind River Reservation in Central Wyoming, Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required in health-related discipline and/or 7 years’ experience in healthcare administration and management with significant fiscal responsibility and key supervisory and contract/grant management experience.
1. Possess demonstrated ability to perform as a team player and role model to staff and
2. Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
3. Maintains positive working relationships and provides assistance in a friendly, helpful
manner to all patients, visitors and staff, excellent customer service skills.
4. Possess the ability to work independently, is detail oriented, organized, and works under
pressure. Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Must be dependable and reliable.
5. Must have strong work ethic.
6. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity.
7. Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality.
Plans, directs, and implements the systematic and coordinated delivery of the highest level of clinical and preventive ambulatory health services under the direction of the CEO.
1. Responsible for assisting the CEO for Strategic Planning in coordination with the CEO, Board, Division Directors, Administration Staff, and Community served.
2. Assists the CEO in developing and implementing the overall clinic goals and objectives through an operating plan.
3. Ensures business and health care plan in place annually.
4. Reports weekly to the CEO with a formal agenda and makes recommendations for programs and policy changes, gives status reports on staffing, budget and clinical issues.
5. Assists the CEO in Implementing programs and services based on need and available resources.
6. Monitors and evaluates quality improvement activities to ensure the highest quality of clinical preventive services consistent with AAAHC and public health standards and reports to the CEO.
Provides guidance, direction and management support to 4 divisions and administration services. Supervises and evaluates staff per organizational chart.
1. Performance evaluations per organizational chart are completed within 60 days of their annual hiring date. The Deputy CEO delegates such authority when applicable.
2. Assisting the CEO with improvements to personnel policies and procedures, and implemented through established procedures. Supports and implements duties and responsibilities consistent with the provisions of Indian preference, EEO and other affirmative action guidelines. Acts as a mentor to the management staff with a clear cut chain of command, and provides for their professional development with available resources.
3. Assists the CEO in promos and seeks staff training, in-house workshops, etc.and fosters personal organizational growth and development.
4. Assists the CEO in ensuring that PRC Program and direct clinical services is responsive to the health needs of the tribe.
Serves as the primary health advocate for the Northern Arapaho Council
1. Meets regularly with the CEO and at a minimum weekly to ensure programs and services are responsive to the health needs of the Tribe and Community,
Responsible for the overall financial management of the Center
1. Assists the CEO in developing a facility wide budget.
2. Works with divisions and administration services to operate within budgetary guidelines.
Other duties as assigned by the CEO and any duties consistent with the position which are necessary to maintain the Clinics to the highest standards. There are currently approximately 270 personnel employed by WRFCHC, and with the rapid expansion of the program, it is conservative to have a total of 300 personnel employed by the end of 2019.