Program: Northern Arapaho 477 Biixoo3etiit’ Program
Supervision: Under the 477 Child Care Administrator
Supervision Responsible for: Assigned 477 Staff
Opening: March 22, 2021 Closing: Until Filled
The cook implements the 6-Week Cycle Menu, purchases, and prepares food, completes the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) paperwork and supports center staff with nutrition for special occasion activities in the classroom. It is the cook’s responsibility to prepare these meals and snacks by methods that are sanitary and maintain high nutrients levels. It is also the cook’s duty to deliver meals to the classroom ready for family style meal services and suitable for the children’s age and development. The cook orders all food and supplies necessary and provides the 477 Child Care Manager with all receipts and paperwork. The position involves expensive organizing, problem solving, record keeping, and time management.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must possess basic cooking skills plus experience in food service and volume meal preparation.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe and cycle menu.
- Must be able to relate well to parents, children, and other staff members.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Must possess organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Must possess the ability to increase or decrease recipe quantities, including the ability to use decimals and fractions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements the cycle menu in accordance with CACFP policies and procedures.
- Order’s food needed for meals and snacks served on site and fir specific needs of individual classrooms.
- Cleans and maintains the kitchen, good services utensils, equipment and food storage areas to standards meeting the Sanitation Requirements and with regards to food safety and sanitation.
- In cooperation with the Child Care Manager and/or 477 Administrator(s), helps to maintain all required CACFP paperwork. Paperwork includes menu production records, monthly adjustment sheets, food transport records, inventories, cycle menu, attendance sheets and food order records.
- Participates in team meetings, required in-services, and all cook required training as requested.
- Posts and maintains cycle menu for display.
- Communicates and works effectively with other staff members.
- Trains cook assistants and potential substitutes in the CACFP paperwork and in all other aspects of the cook’s roles and responsibilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Employees in the food and operation must comply with posted procedures for cleanliness and sanitation.
- Employees are required to wear hats, hair nets or any other protective clothing to ensure cleanliness and sanitary standards.
- Must be neat, presentable.
- Must be able to follow and knowledgeable of all policies and procedures.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and able to work all scheduled hours.
- Attendance at all trainings and opportunities offered such as: CPR/ First Aid, CACFP Annual Training.
- Must complete online course.
Experience/ Qualification Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED or be willing to obtain upon hire.
- Must successfully complete a health screening free of any physical/mental condition that would affect ability to work with or around children, including safe guarding those children.
- Must submit TB (Tuberculosis) risk assessment or test results.
- Must complete and submit fingerprint cards for national background chec.k
- Must be self-motivated and develop daily routine to complete job duties.
Mental demands/ Physical demands, Environmental factors:
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be clean and sanitary in dress and grooming.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance.
How to Apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to the N.A.T Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd. Ethete, WY Applications can also be completed on our website at www.northernarapaho.com click on the HR link. For more information call 307-332-2499 or Fax to 307-335-3596.