Program: Black Coal Senior Center
Opening: June 1, 2021 Closing: Until Filled
The Assistant Cook will report to the Head Cook, immediate supervisor.
The Assistant Cook will assist the Head Cook in preparing a nutritious meal for the senior citizens, Monday through Friday, on an annual basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Shall be aware of and work towards all cost control measures.
- Shall possess an awareness of the importance of good grooming and sanitary requirements of person connected with meal service.
- Will assure the responsibilities of the Head Cook in her/his absence.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintain the appearance of the kitchen service areas.
- Assist with menu planning.
- Assist with all prep work to include measuring, mixing, cooking and estimating food requirements according to recipes.
- May cut, trim, bone and wash meat and poultry prior to cooking. May weigh and measure ingredients. May clean, peel and slice potatoes, vegetables and fruits.
- Clean work areas, equipment and utensils, trays, pots, pans, dishes and silverware.
- Inspect food storage rooms, freezers, etc. for upkeep and supply control.
- Shall be responsible for periodically checking actual temperatures of food before serving and recording temperatures in log.
- Responsible for submitting accident/incident reports to the Director within twenty-four (24) hours after their occurrence.
- Must understand the philosophy of the senior center and the role and function of the senior center in the community.
- Adhere to policies and procedures on confidentiality in & out of the senior center.
- Provide excellent customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proper lifting techniques.
- Maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Promote and demonstrate a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have a current CPR Card or take a CPR class within 6 months
3. Must be a citizen of the United States or eligible to work in the United States
4. Must have a valid Wyoming Driver’s License and have access to a dependable vehicle
5. Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
6. Must possess the ability to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner
7. Must be comfortable with computer use including MS Word, Excel. E-mail and other programs as needed
8. Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a large quantity food preparation operation.
1. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
2. Must be able to relate and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile seniors, and the general public.
3. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
4 May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds; may use accommodations.
5. Must possess sight/hearing/speaking senses or prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to give work instructions and resolve department matters with associates to ensure the requirements of the position are fully met
How to apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to N.A.T. Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Road, Ethete, WY 82520.
You can also apply online at www.nothernarapaho.com and click on the HR link. For more information call 307-335-3964 or fax to: 307-335-3596