Organization: Red Wolf Child Care Center
Position: Child Care Manager
Supervision Responsible for: Assigned Red Wolf Staff & Participants
The Childcare Manger is responsible for the overall success of the center. The manager needs to have business, communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills. He or she will need to be able to communicate to the CEO and administrators, staff members, and the parents in a calm and professional manner. Proficient writing and speaking skills are needed. A good interpersonal relationship must be developed with parents, children and co-workers.
Childcare center directs supervise staff, so they need good leadership skills to inspire staff to work diligently. They also must enforce rules and regulations. Manger must be able to multitask when multiple people or situations require their attention.
1. Maintain, at all times, high quality childcare standards based on developmentally appropriate practices.
2. Assist staff to resolve conflicts with children.
3. Assist staff in communicating with parents.
4. Ensure classroom workers are maintaining and cleaning their areas daily.
5. Assist staff with development of classroom routine.
6. Set up call list for substitutes.
7. Maintain classroom lists and know where there are openings.
8. Supervise all staff members of the childcare center, including substitute staff.
9. Oversee hiring process and orientation for all new staff.
10.Obtain all required documents for new staff members.
11. Provide accurate and meaningful annual performance evaluations for all childcare staff.
12. Make sure classroom routines are always within regulations.
Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions:
13. Answer phones professionally
14. Develop a budget for the center and establish controls to assure that the center adheres to the budget.
15. Ensure that the program is cost effective, and funds are managed cautiously.
16. Oversee the day-to-day functions of the childcare center and manage the staff.
17. Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor.
18. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the childcare center.
19. Assure consistent compliance with all Tribal Health Minimum Standards, including maintenance of annual fire, health, and other inspections.
20. Coordinate the annual licensing of the childcare center.
21. Oversee the maintenance of personnel and client files
22. Maintain open, consistent, and effective communication with parents, providing parent education training, assistance, and support as needed.
23. Provide reliable, accurate and timely information about the childcare center to interested parties.
24. Keep track of staff time and approve on Kronos on scheduled pay periods.
25. Submit center bills to 477 Administrator for payment.
26. Work with center cooks to create a monthly menu for children. Give copy to parents.
27. Provide new staff members with Employee Handbook and obtain acknowledgement that they read and agree to its provisions.
28. Handle all center issues and complaints. Document each and email copy to CEO.
Professional Growth and Development:
29. Attend professional development seminars to maintain an understanding of the current best practices of curriculum and administrative functions of child development programs.
30. Oversee the training and professional development of all childcare staff. Make sure all staff completes 6 hours of childcare training in addition to the pre-service training within 6 months of hire.
31. Articulate the center’s mission to employees and other stakeholders and solicit support in realizing the mission.
32. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
33. Represent the center in a professional, courteous, and positive manner at all times.
34. Promote a positive, caring climate for learning for staff, students, and parents.
35. Deal sensitively and fairly with all persons.
36. Effectively communicate with administrators, staff, children, and their families.
37. Give tours to prospective families.
38. Perform any and all duties as assigned.
39. Conduct monthly Fire Drills.
Mental demands/Physical demands/Environmental factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Work with frequent interruptions. occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions.
Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have a combination of education and experience equivalent to two years in the areas of management, early childhood education, child development, nursing, or other related field.
- Have received a professional credential from an organization recognized by the Department (i.e., CDA or Associates Degree in ECE)
- Meet all training requirements for childcare staff.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Must possess a valid driver license and be insurable under company insurance.