Department: Northern Arapaho Solid Waste Program
Opening: November 29, 2021 Closing: December 28, 2021
A full-time employee who will collect fees from transfer station customers, general labor services under the direction of the Northern Arapaho Solid Waste Foreman/ or Crew Chief.
Greet and Assist Northern Arapaho Transfer Station customers with disposal waste. Collect appropriate disposal fees from customers that are in line with the NABC limits. Operate a variety of light and heavy equipment, while assisting the Northern Arapaho Solid Waste Program in providing solid waste services. Work will be conducted throughout the Wind River Indian Reservation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gate attendant – Assist and direct the Northern Arapaho Transfer Station customers with the proper disposal of their waste. Collect disposal fees set by the NABC from the public and commercial haulers at the Northern Arapaho Transfer Station Facilities. Assist with the cleanup of illegal waste, move waste and/or recycling proper locations for disposal, assist with traffic control, fencing, and other needs of the Northern Arapaho Foreman.
- Other- filling in with other duties as directed by the Norther Arapaho Foreman and/ or supervisor.
- This list of duties is intended is intended to provide a general understanding, and not intended to list all essential duties.
- Greet the public in a friendly helpful manner.
- Answer questions regarding the Northern Arapaho Solid Waste Program, or refer questions to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains professionalism by exerting tact, diplomacy, and good judgement when dealing with the public or other staff in a public setting.
- Assist filling for other laborers
- Assist with Emergency Services.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent experience
- Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to work money and make correct change to customers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Employees, Other departments and the Public.
- Knowledge of equipment and operation principles
- Knowledge of the hazard and safety precautions common to equipment operations.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work alone with groups off staff members
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Necessary Special Requirements – Valid Wyoming State Driver’s License
Pre-Employment screening may include, but are not limited to, the following; drug screen, references, criminal background, and credit history
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. There are no “light” duties or “limited” duties, that can be made for an employee that cannot meet these requirements. If requested reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to hear, read, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms and operate equipment, vehicles and trucks. Sit, talk, climb, balance, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Occasionally the employee may be asked to use a computer.
- The employee must constantly lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift and/ or move to 70 pounds. Occasionally the employee is required to lift and/ or move up to 100 pounds and infrequently must lift and/ or move more than 100 pounds
How to Apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to the N.A.T Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd. Ethete, WY Applications can also be completed on our website at www.northernarapaho.com click on Online Job Application. For more information call 307-332-2499 or Fax to 307-335-3596.