POSITION TITLE: Cook Assistant
OPENING DATE: 7/6/2021
CLOSING DATE: 7/20/2021
APPOINTMENT TYPE: FULL-TIME
SCHEDULE: 1st Shift
CATEGORY: Red Wolf Child Care Center
LOCATION: Wind River Hotel & Casino
192 Red Wolf Creek Dr. Riverton, WY 82501; United States.
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Red Wolf Director, the cook implements the 6-Week Cycle Menu, purchases, and prepares food, completes the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) paperwork and supports center staff with nutrition for special occasion activities in the classroom. It is the cook’s responsibility for prepare these meals and snacks by methods that are sanitary and maintain high nutrient levels. It is also the Cook’s duty to deliver meal to the classroom ready for family style meal service and suitable for the children’s age and development. The cook orders all food and supplies necessary and provides the Red Wolf Director with all receipts and paperwork. The position involves expensive organizing, problem solving, record keeping, and time management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the cycle menu in accordance with CACFP policies and procedures.
- Order’s food needed for meals and snacks served on sit and for specific needs of individual classrooms.
- Cleans and maintains the kitchen, food service utensils, equipment and food storage areas to standards meeting the Sanitation Requirements and with regards to food safety and sanitation.
- In cooperation with the Director and Business Manager, helps to maintain all required CACFP paperwork. Paperwork includes menu production records, monthly adjustment sheets, food transport records, inventories, cycle menus, attendance sheets and food order records.
- Participates in team meetings, required in-services, and all cook required trainings as requested.
- Posts and maintains cycle menu for display.
- Communicates and works effectively with other staff members.
- Train’s potential substitutes in the CACFP paperwork and in all other aspects of the cook’s roles and responsibilities.
- Attends all staff meetings and required trainings.
- Must comply with policies and procedures.
- All other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Employees are required to wear hats, hair nets or any other protective clothing to endure cleanliness and sanitary standards.
- Must be neat, presentable.
- Must be able to follow and knowledgeable of all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to converse with the public.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and able to work all holidays.
- Attendance at all trainings and opportunities offered such as: CPR/First Aid, CACFP Annual Training.
- Must complete online courses through Wyoming STARS.
- Native American Preference applies.
- Must successfully complete a health screening free on any physical/mental condition that would affect ability to work with or around young children, including safeguarding those children.
- Must submit TB (Tuberculosis) risk assessment or test results.
- Must complete and submit fingerprint cards for national background check.
- Must complete and submit authorization for Central Registry Child Abuse/Neglect background check.
- Must complete and submit authorization for national Sex Offenders Registry background check.
- Must complete pre-service orientation training through STARS.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Must possess basic cooking skills plus experience in food service and volume meal preparation.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe and cycle menu.
- Must be able to relate well to parents, children, and other staff members.
- Must communicate effectively and be functionally literate in English.
- Must possess organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Must possess the ability to increase or decrease recipe quantities, including the ability to use decimals and fractions.
- Must be self-motivated and develop daily routine to complete job duties.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must have physical ability to bend, stoop, walk, reach overhead, push/pull, squat, twist, and turn.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and able to work alternating shifts including peak hours, promotions, holidays, and weekends
- Must be 18 at time of hire.
- Must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Test.
- Must have a valid Wyoming Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
- Health Insurance- employee is eligible within 60 days of initial hire date.
- 401K- employee is eligible after one year of in-service and 1,000 working hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the Wind River Casino application and Letter of Intent.
Submit to: Human Resources
Wind River Hotel & Casino
PO BOX 1989
Riverton, WY 82501
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 1-307-857-9441. Applications must be received by close of business on Tuesday July 20, 2021, by 4:00 P.M. to be considered for the position