Reports to: Ethete Senior Center
Opening: August 5, 2022 Closing: August 12, 2022
The Head Cook will report to the Program Director, immediate supervisor
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Shall possess an awareness of the importance of good grooming and sanitary requirements of a person connected with meal service.
- Shall be responsible for stocking of supplies, charting of daily inventory use, locking of doors and equipment at quitting time, organizing the list supplies needed for the next day, taking meat from freezer to thaw so as to be ready.
- Prepare soups, sauces, meats, and vegetables, hot breads and desserts according to the menu. Food must meet standards for quality and be ready to serve promptly at the scheduled time.
- May cut, trim, bone and wash meat and poultry prior to cooking. May weigh and measure ingredients. May clean, peel and slice potatoes, vegetables and fruits.
- Shall assist in all prep work to include measuring, mixing, cooking estimating food requirements according to recipes.
- Order food and kitchen products within the budgets and with approval of the Director.
- Responsible for storage of food in proper condition.
- Clean work areas, equipment and utensils, trays, pots, pans, dishes and silverware.
- Inspect food storage rooms, freezers, etc. for upkeep and supply control.
- Shall be responsible for periodically checking actual temperatures of food before serving and recording temperatures in a daily log.
- Shall supervise the serving of congregate and home delivered meals.
- Prepare monthly menus in accordance with industry standards.
- Responsible for a quarterly food inventory.
- Provide training and supervision to kitchen staff.
- Demonstrate proper lifting techniques.
- Provide excellent customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintain the appearance of the kitchen service areas.
- Adhere to policies and procedures on confidentiality in & out of the senior center.
- Shall be aware of and work towards all cost control measures.
- Responsible for submitting accident/incident reports to the Director within twenty-four (24) hours after their occurrence.
- Must understand the philosophy of the senior center and the role and function of the senior center in the community.
- Promote and demonstrate a positive work environment.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have a current CPR Card or take a CPR class within 6 months
3. Must be a citizen of the United States or eligible to work in the United States
4. Must have a valid Wyoming Driver’s License and have access to a dependable vehicle
5. Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
6. Must possess the ability to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner
7. Must be comfortable with computer use including MS Word, Excel. E-mail and other programs as needed
8. Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a large quantity food preparation operation
1. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
2. Must be able to relate and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile seniors, and the general public.
3. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
4 May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds; may use accommodations.
5. Must possess sight/hearing/speaking senses or prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to give work instructions and resolve department matters with associates to ensure the requirements of the position are fully met
How to apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Applications form and submit to N.A.T. Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in persona to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Road, Ethete. You can also apply online at www.northernarapaho.com and click on Online Job Application. For more information call 307-332-2499 or fax to: 307-335-3596