CLASSIFICATION: Full Time HOURS: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
JOB SUMMARY: Will work closely with the Lead Carpenter and Modernization Supervisor. Must possess overall knowledge of the Carpentry field and the ability to problem solve and take the initiative to complete tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent. Possess a valid Wyoming Driver’s License and pass a pre-employment drug test. At least 5 years of experience in all phases of Residential Housing Construction. Must have experience in reading Blue Prints and Job Specifications. Must have a working knowledge of Electrical Specifications, Plumbing and Sheet metal work. Must have own tools.
SUPERVISION: The incumbent reports directly to the Lead Carpenter, or Modernization Supervisor.
• Examine blue prints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of lumber or other materials needed.
• Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrications assembly and erection of structure.
• Constructs, erects, installs and repairs structures of wood, plywood and wallboard using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools. (i.e., Tasks of cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework and laying flooring.)
• Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures, some welding may be required.
• Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Application may be obtained and dropped off at 501 Ethete Road Ethete, WY or #11 Great Plains Road, Arapahoe, WY or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call Karen Black, Human Resources at 307-332-5318 X.2117 for further information