Departmental Supervisor: Northern Arapaho Business Council
Title(s) of Department Supervised: Northern Arapaho Renewable Energy Commission
Class: Regulatory Administrative/ Part-Time
The Renewable Energy Commissioner position requires experience or an educational background in renewable energy. The Commissioner will be one of five members of the Northern Arapaho Renewable Energy Commission that will be responsible for overseeing a feasibility study on various renewable energy sources within the exterior boundaries of the Wind River Reservation. This process will include selection of a contractor through an RFP process to conduct the feasibility study and to actively seek out funding opportunities for the Northern Arapaho Tribe in the sector of renewable energy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Commissioner shall perform such services and duties as necessary, but not limited to, the following:
- Review all forms of renewable energy to determine which sources of renewable energy would provide the greatest benefit to the citizens of the Northern Arapaho Tribe.
- Oversee a feasibility study on various renewable energy sources within the exterior boundaries of the Wind River Reservation.
- Select a contractor to carry out the feasibility study through an RFP process.
- Seek out renewable energy funding opportunities for the tribe.
- Be an enrolled citizen of the Northern Arapaho Tribe.
- Ability to read, draft, and interpret highly technical materials related to renewable energy.
- Must be able to pass a background check and not have been previously convicted of a felony or any crimes related to dishonesty, theft, embezzlement, felony or misdemeanor drug convictions or acts of moral turpitude.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with (a) a tribe, tribal entity, or organization dedicated to tribal interests or (b) a federal or state government agency with oversight or responsibility for tribal issues preferred.
- Applicants may not be the immediate family of current members of the Northern Arapaho Business Council.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insurable under the company’s insurance carrier
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Ability to make unbiased and objective decisions and to recuse yourself when necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to read and understand federal and tribal laws and regulations and seek help from legal counsel when necessary
- Salary Range: Paid a stipend
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be able to provide proof that you have been vaccinated for Covid -19
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and references to the Northern Arapaho Department of Human Services at P.O. Box 369, Fort Washakie, Wyoming 82514 or submit in person to the Northern Arapaho Department of Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd, Ethete, Wyoming. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume attached. The position will be open for 30 days.