Program: Northern Arapaho 477 Biix003etiit’ Program
Opening: April 9, 2021 Closing: Until Filled
Under general direction, provides onsite instructional support, mentoring, planning and coaching to 477 family child care providers and child care center teachers to enhance the quality of early care and education programs; develops partnerships with local school districts; performs related duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Interact and communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Prepare and maintain records and files.
- Read, understand, interpret and implement applicable 477 policies, procedures, and federal mandates.
- Promote and support 477 Program.
- Create improvement plans and goals.
- Present information to individuals and small groups.
- React with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Effectively carry out written and oral instructions.
- Direct individual and group activities of children and families.
- Maintain cooperative work relationship.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with other Early Childhood Personnel and/ or Programs to facilitate partnership between WRIR early care and education provider.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with 477 staff.
- Works with 477 child care workers, providers, parents, and community organizations;
- Collaborates and exchanges recourse and community information;
- Recruits community providers to participates in Early Childhood training programs (CDA)
- Assist in planning and delivering and developmentally appropriate professional development model, promotes reflective practices, and conducts curriculum demonstration lessons;
- Provides weekly instructional an environmental support and resources;
- Models’ successful early childhood teaching strategies and techniques;
- Conducts Classroom Assessment Scoring Systems (CLASS) and/or Environmental Rating Scale Assessment (ERSA), and be able to analyze results to create and implement action plans for individualized program goal;
- Promotes safety standards;
- Disseminates research-based instructional materials and programs;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities;
- Maintain confidentiality of children, families, and providers involved in the program;
- Attends and participates in meetings, training and conference as assigned.
Conditions of Employment:
- Understand principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in early childhood classroom instruction.
- Understand Infant, Toddler, Preschool Learning Foundations, and Child Care Curriculum frameworks.
- Have knowledge of Early Childhood Assessments, Environmental Rating Scale Assessments (ERSA); CLASS assessments; Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ).
- Know classroom procedures which promote appropriate conduct and motivation for leaning.
- Understand child guidance principles and practices.
- Use interpersonal; skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Understand current trends and research concerning the growth and development of children.
- Know health and safety practices and rules.
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in child development or a related field, advanced degree preferred, and successful teaching experience in a public or private child care facility or family child care home.
Mental/ Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to stand for long period of time
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Occasional lifting to 50 pounds
- Must be clean in dress and grooming
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable under company insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check
How to Apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to the N.A.T. Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd, Ethete, WY. Applications can also be obtained on our website at ww.northernarapaho.com and click on online job application. For more information call 307-332-2499. Fax to: 307-335-3596