Program: Northern Arapaho 477 Biix003etiit’ Program
Opening: April 5, 2021 Closing: Until Filled
Responsible for oversight of all aspects of the child health and safety area of the 477 Program. The Health and Safety Specialist actively advocates for the health, education and wellness of families and children enrolled in the 477 Child Care Program.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must work well with co-workers, parents, children, and the public.
- Demonstrated organizational ability.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations in a professional manner.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, including the ability to recognize situation in which confidentiality is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, supportive and respectful relationships with children, parents, staff and the public.
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the strengths and goals of families in a non-judgmental manner that supports parents as the expert on their child.
- Relate to parents, children, and providers in a manner that is helpful, courteous, friendly and respectful.
- Encourage 477 families to be connected with a medical home for ongoing care, which includes medical and dental nutrition services,
- Prepare a monthly Health and Safety report.
- Provide instruction and guidance to 477 Provider Compliance Monitor(s) regarding health and safety practices.
- Develop annual Health and Safety Plans.
- Participates in service meetings.
- Creates action plans addressing health and safety needs of children as identified in the child’s developmental and health screenings.
- Makes random site visits to center, in home and family child care homes on a quarterly basis to conduct health and safety checks of the home.
- Establishes that enrolled children are up to date on a schedule of well childcare including required immunizations.
- Work with staff and parents in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Health and Safety activates within the established curriculum that include education related to health, safety, nutrition and dental health.
- Work in coordination with local schools and health agencies to facilitate family health.
- Provide consultation and assistance to 477 child care providers in linking family to an on-going health care system and assist the family is assuming responsibility for health care needs.
- Participate in community-based health education and preventive health promotions.
- Work closely with other 477 services.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.
Experience/ Qualifications Requirements:
- LPN, MS, BS, BA in family or pediatric health or related field or combination of education and related experience totaling five years.
- Must successfully complete a health screening free of any physical/ mental condition that would affect ability to work with or around young children.
- Must submit a (TB) risk assessment or test results.
Mental/Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to stand for long period of time.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Occasional lifting to 50 pounds.
- Must be clean in dress and grooming.
- Must possess a valid driver license and be insurable under company insurance.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
How to Apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to the N.A.T. Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd, Ethete, WY.
Applications can also be obtained on our website at ww.northernarapaho.com and click on online job application. For more information call 307-332-2499. Fax to: 307-335-3596