Department: Northern Arapaho Solid Waste Program
Opening: May 3, 2021 Closing: Until Filled
Nature of Work:
Responsible for operating a variety of solid waste vehicles to collect and transport solid waste and recycling materials
Operates various types of solid wase collection trucks, operates mechanism for loading, compressing, and dumping reuse and recyclable materials; drives to designate area to deliver the packing and dumping apparatus; assures that solid waste collection truck is properly fueled, equipped, lubricated, and serviced; washes interior and exterior of solid waste collection truck; reports needed repairs immediately; may have opportunity to participated in related cross-training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain safe and efficient operation of solid waste collection and transport equipment and vehicles. Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and complete daily work sheet for equipment operated. Keep work location and vehicle in order. Knowledge of -traffic laws involved in equipment operations; safe operations of a safety precautions necessary in operation of equipment, including carious types of solid waste collection tricks. Ability to – communicate effectively orally and in writing; understand and carry out written and oral instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, and the public.
- CDL License – Wyoming State Driver’s License
- Considerable knowledge of safety standard practices governing the operation of vehicles.
- Consider knowledge of relevant traffic laws
- Consider knowledge of the principles, operation and servicing of trucks and related automotive equipment.
- Ability to properly use, operate and care for tools, equipment and materials
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment
- Ability to read and understand vehicle operator’s manual.
- Ability to be insured under the Northern Arapaho Tribe’s Insurance.
- Assists other route as needed to complete daily work.
- Must wear required safety gear at all times while maintain a neat professional appearance.
- Yard waste containers shall be positioned back on the customer’s property with lids properly placed in an upright position that does not block driveways, mailboxes or public streets.
Job qualification; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to quickly understand and adhere to safety requirements of this position.
- No experience required.
- No certification required.
- Heavy physical laborer experience is preferred.
Heavy: ability to perform heavy physical demanding work. Physical effort may include lifting, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, and bending/twisting motions. Clarity of vision to see near to mid-range. The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
Complete Northern Arapaho Tribal Application form and submit to the N.A.T Human Resources: P.O. Box 396, Ft. Washakie, WY 82514 or submit in person to Human Resources located at the Tribal Complex Building, 533 Ethete Rd. Ethete, WY
Applications can also be completed on our website at www.northernarapaho.com click on Online Job Application. For more information call 307-332-2499 or Fax to 307-335-3596.